Multi Agency Training
The Haven Wolverhampton 'Domestic Violence and Abuse Awareness' 1 day training takes place a number of times throughout the year and provides an opportunity for individuals from various difference agencies to come together to engage in learning.
This is a one day training programme which will assist learners to:
- Understand and distinguish the different forms of domestic violence
- Know the social construction of stereotypes which lead to the acceptance of domestic violence
- Understand the different stressors faced by victims of domestic violence
- Understand the relationship between power and abuse
- Be aware of how working practices impact on effectiveness of intervention
- Understand how to access support services for victims / survivors
The option exists to gain an Open College Network accredited certificate in ‘Supporting Survivors of Domestic Violence’. There is an additional cost with this option and a requirement to complete assessed work outside of the training.
For information on dates and to reserve your place at the next Multi Agency Training day please complete the booking form and return to The Training Team, The Haven Wolverhampton, PO Box 105, Wolverhampton, WV1 4LP or email@example.com. For more information please call 01902 572128.